Thursday, September 7

Packages and Ruins

Today I woke up feeling all shitty, a stuffed nose, sort of tired. I thought I might be getting a cold, which would suck to get sick just before the whole Paris-Munich-Rome business. I took some vitamins and drank some water and sat for a while waking up. I was really hungry, but I didn’t have any food. So I gathered myself together and decided to go to the grocery. I wasn’t looking forward to it because I only had about 200 kroner to spend and that’s just not a lot. And my head was a little light. But I went out anyway. I go to the store. One of the things I needed was laundry soap, but it’s 30 kroner and that’s a good chunk and I needed these few kroner to stretch until next Wednesday. So I traded the soap for some ramen noodles and got a couple extra meals for the next week. (It’s not all that bad. If I really needed to I could go use my credit card at a bigger store, I’m just trying to save up for this other trip.) I’m not sure what I’ll do about the laundry.

When I got home I checked my mail. Ussually full of flyers and adverts, today there was also a slip for a package. Awesome. It was from my friend Matty C. Made all that more awesome because he sent it in June and, for the nature of these things, the move and such, it didn’t arrive. We had both written it off. But here it was, waiting for me at the Post. I was totally excited. I walked over. They told me it was at another Post. I thought it was the one by my old place. I walked up there. It was raining, but I told myself it was like Christmas. (Mostly because it always rains on Christmas in Seattle). When I got there they said it was at yet another Post. The problem in both cases was I didn’t have my map with me and they kept saying the name of the area in which this Post was. I asked for direction and the lady gave them as best she could with no map and me unable to understand the road names. So I walked across town, with no map and spotty directions and eventually found the place with the package and I’m stoked. Thanks Matt. It has some toothpaste, some real chips, some books and movies and pepperoni sticks and candy. And it is awesome. The perfect thing to pick me up. I’m stoked.

A couple of days ago I went and checked out these ruins in Oslo. They are the king’s residence and a few cathedrals from 1000 A.D.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home