Tuesday, November 21

long walk into the past and tom waits

I’ve been working on the thesis. I’m nearly done with a draft of the domestic vernacular architecture. Then a short section about the Ceremonial building and some words about industrial development and the vernacular draft will be complete. Hopefully by the end of the month. Then I’ll have to write the chapter about Sverre Fehn and analysis his architecture in light of what I think I know about the Norwegian vernacular and then that’s that. I’m on schedule, so far, even though I sometimes think about having to present this information and how that’s going to work and what am I going to say and I get this falling flailing sensation like I don’t know what I’m talking about and everyone’s gonna see right through the ideas I’ve come up with. And then I think that that’s not for nine months and so I don’t have to worry about it yet.
I took another trip to the Folk Museum here in Oslo. i walked out there. It’s a little ways, but it was a nice day. It started out overcast, but then the sun came out. I took these pictures of trees:






And here are some more pictures of buildings from the museum:











I found this piece of graffiti on the way:


And here is a boat and a marina:




It was my birthday a couple days ago. Sunday. I took the day off. Didn’t do anything. Watched a movie. Had a candy bar. Yesterday I walked downtown and bought myself a present. The new Tom Waits: Orphans. It’s a great album. 3 discs. Some amazing tunes on there. I’m stoked. Hopefully he’ll tour again. I saw him on his last tour, for Real Gone. Liz Maly and I waited in line to get tickets. My travel agent buddy, Alex, and a buddy of mine from architecture college, Pete went with us. It was a great show. If you’ve never seen Waits you’re missing out. Check out his new album anyway. Good stuff.

I am headed to Trondheim on Thursday for a couple of days. I’ll see what’s up there. Take some pictures. You’ll see some of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (even though belated) Birthday :-)

Terri
About.com Guide to
Scandinavia for Visitors

http://goscandinavia.about.com

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home